It is a complete textbook for anyone interested in all aspects of the microprocessors and microcontrollers family. This book is based upon Microprocessor 8085, 8086 and Microcontroller 8051. All other related microprocessors and microcontrollers like 80186, 80286, 80386, Pentium-4, ARM and PIC are also discussed. All chapters are described with fundamental objectives. A review of important terms and concepts is also given at the end of each chapter that reinforces the idea and material presented. Each chapter also has questions and problems.
Broadly the book deals with:
• Evolution of microprocessor, digital concepts, number systems and their conversion, logic gates and combinational logic and circuits, complements, multiplexers-demultiplexers, Flip-Flops, counters, registers, analog/digital conversion counters, registers, analog/digital conversion
• Microprocessor 8085 and 8086 architecture, pin configuration, instructions set, stack and subroutines, addressing modes, interrupts, machine cycles and bus timings, control signals, peripheral I/O instructions, memory segmentation, ﬂag register, minimum mode 8086 system and timings, assembler directives and operators
• Interfacing devices, data transfer schemes, interfacing and I/O devices, programmable peripheral interface (PPI), programmable keyboard/display interface (Intel 8279) centronix parallel communication, RS-232C, UART, programmable interval timer 8253, 8254, 8257 and 8259
• Microprocessor applications, seven-segment LED display, microprocessor-based trafﬁc control, data acquisition system, analog to digital (A/D) converter, trafﬁc signal controller, digital to analog converter
• Microprocessor 80XXX architecture, pin configuration, instructions set, addressing modes, interrupts, multitasking and comparison with different microprocessors
• Microcontroller 8051, MCS-51 family overview, architecture, basic registers, counters and timers, timer counter interrupts, serial data input/output, addressing modes, push and pop opcodes, instructions set, arithmetic operations, programming and testing the design, real-time operatingsystems (RTOS)
• ARM, AVR and PIC microcontrollers, architecture, programming model, registers and ﬂags, exception and interrupt modes, instructions set, PIC microcontroller family, PIC16F84 microcontroller, EEPROM data memory, PIC16Cxx microcontroller family
• Embedded systems, programming using Keil software, instructions set for 8085, 8086 and 8051. "