Security Analysis and Portfolio
Management endeavours to provide concepts, text and cases for a course on
Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, which is widely taught in the
business schools around the world. It is consciously planned to help students
to acquire knowledge, develop analytical skills and gain insights pertaining to
how a fund manager strikes winning strategies for investment by using
time-tested, validated and proven techniques which ranges from fundamental
analysis to mundane mathematical models. The book is divided in four broad
- Part One describes the global investment scenario, major investment
decisions, and the dynamics of the securities markets.
- Part Two deals with the critical aspects of risk and return
culminating in Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM).
- Part Three discusses the most important analysis in investment
decisions, wherein good mathematical models are factored in and applied to
live conditions through building up case analysis.
- Part Four deals with the exotic instruments of derivatives and its
applications, where cutting-edge research around the globe is going on.
The book is designed to meet the expectations of common investors as well
as hard core professionals (fund managers) in putting the precious
resources at risk for higher returns. New in this edition: The following
chapters are added to make the book more result oriented, contemporary,
focused and comprehensive.
- Dynamics of the Indian economy
- Fundamental Analysis: Valuation of companies
- Performance of mutual fund in India
- Sub-prime crisis and securitization
- Private equity