This text book on Reliability and Maintenance Engineering has been prepared considering the syllabuses of all technical universities for their BE and ME courses. This book also fulfill the requirement of the University and College Teachers; Engineers, Technical Supervisors and Staff who are directly engaged in the industry.
This book covers:
• Traditional and modern concept, importance, function of Maintenance Engineering,
• Organizational Setup and Record Keeping in maintenance,
• Safety in Maintenance,
• Various hazards and Fault Tree Analysis,
• House Keeping Practice in Maintenance,
• Incentive Payments for Maintenance Workers,
• Reliability and Availability of Engineering Systems,
• Computerized Maintenance Information Systems,
• Total Productive Maintenance,
• Maintenance Aspect: Lubrications,
• Inspection and Testing in Maintenance Engineering,
• Assets Management; Lean Maintenance and Application of Different Techniques in Maintenance,
• Manpower Planning and Training,
• Fault Diagnosis and Condition Monitoring,
• Spare Parts Management and Quality Control in Maintenance,
• Budgets and Cost Aspect of Maintenance,
• Maintenance Effectiveness; Performance Evolution and Audit,
• Maintenance of Mechanical, Electrical, Process and Service Equipments,
• Machine Failure; Development of Preventive Maintenance Schedule; Breakdown Time Distribution and Trouble Shooting.
With all these above mentioned features the author is quite confident with feeling that the book will fulfill the demands and needs of maintenance engineers and students.