New economic policy has posed several challenges to the Indian Inc, in particular and Indian Economy in general. It has opened the doors of economy through Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization (LPG). This in turn brought competition among Indian companies through price, quality, services, work culture, business ethics, transparency and disclosures and so on. The Indian companies tried to learn the management according to western style by integrating Indian sentiments, cultural, social and economic background etc., to succeed in their attempt to sustain and grow in the Indian market. The challenges posed by the LPG have sensitized the growth of several parameters of economic development like investments, employment generation, production, productivity, gross domestic product growth, foreign currency reserves and so on.
This book incorporates contemporary examples in the back drop of changed economic scenario in India and the world to make the students understand the challenges and opportunities of the present and future.
Broadly the book deals with:
- Demand Analysis
- Supply Analysis
- Market Structure
- Price Policy
- Business Cycles
- Balance of Trade and Balance of Payments
- Foreign Aid
1. Demand Analysis
2. Supply Analysis
3. Market Structure
4. Price Policy
5. Business Cycles
6. Balance of Trade and Balance of Payments
7. Foreign Aid
• The book is spread in seven chapters dealing with various concepts in economics and economic development.
• It includes topics from microeconomics, macroeconomics and international economics.
• Incorporates contemporary examples with respect to the changed economic scenario in India.
• Presents the subject matter in a self-explanatory style followed by end-of-the-chapter exercises comprising short and long answer questions.