Steel structures for any industry consist of beams, columns, base plates, anchor bolts, bracing members, crane gantry girders, plate girders, stairs, ladders, hand rails, floor grills, step treads and their connections.
Steel rolled shapes (or) plates are used to fabricate the said structural components. They are connected by welding (or) bolting to transfer the load from one member to another.
The book provides:
• layout with grid designations and the wire diagram of frames to start with.
• holding down bolts for foundation along with details of such components that are being used.
• all types of base plates such as slab base and stiffened base.
• sections used as columns including built-up columns, battened columns and laced columns and their views.
• how to show a beam, welded & bolted connections details between column & beam and beam to beam.
• tables with all necessary details for cutting the beam, number of bolts required, edge distance, pitch, etc.
All the chapters are structured in such a way as to how a steel structure is erected. All chapters are oriented towards giving all the details required for completion of fabrication drawings for every component.
The book is based on Indian standards with some reference to European and American standards.
This book will be useful for Diploma & Degree courses in Civil & Mechanical Engineering; practising engineering & consultants; structural engineering consulting organizations; fabricators and manufacturing industries; and erectors.