"Manufacturing Processes is meant for the students of B.Tech. in all branches of engineering, namely, Mechanical, Electronics, Computer, Information Technology, Electrical and Civil. This book aims to fullfil specific need. Effective from 2008-09 sessions UPTU has introduced the subject of manufacturing processes, for first year engineering students of all streams. This book has been framed to cover the entire course material in well-defined manner with the recommended contact hours of L.T.P. to cover the syllabus of EME-101, EME-201 of UP Technical University.
As per the syllabus of UPTU the book has been written from unit-I to unit -IV. In all there are nine chapters in this book with review questions in the end of each chapter along with objective type questions with answers. This has been done since in the university paper the 1st question consisting of 10 parts is compulsory.
In order to make the book more useful the text has been kept simple and concise, the main stress is providing conceptual understanding of various topics of the book.
UNIT–I: BASIC METALS AND ALLOYS: PROPERTIES AND APPLICATIONS
1. Properties of Materials
2. Ferrous Materials and Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys
UNIT–II: INTRODUCTION OF METAL FORMING, CASTING PROCESS AND ITS APPLICATIONS
3. Basic Metal Forming Processes
4. Casting and its Applications
UNIT–III: INTRODUCTION OF MACHINING & WELDING AND ITS APPLICATIONS
5. Introduction to Machining
UNIT–IV: MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS
8. Non-Metallic Materials
9. Miscellaneous Processes
"• The book is strictly according to syllabus of UPTU effective from 2008-09 of manufacturing processes.
• Objective questions of various examining bodies from part of each chapter to meet the need of UPTU examination.
• Problems from various examinations and university papers have been used in review questions.
• Line diagrams have been used to explain the fundamentals and working of machines.