The developments in science pave way to the betterment of the mankind. A field of research develops only when it copes up with the recent developments. This book aims to bring together and document the recent developments in the field of water research. This book is an agglomeration of different aspects of water research and recent developments covering surface water, rain water and ground water. Several multi disciplinary papers covering geophysical applications, hydrogeochemical aspects, isotopic signature, speciation of trace elements, etc., were incorporated to give an insight into the various aspects of water resources. The applications of resistivity survey in identification of sea water intrusion, the chemical nature of water in different environments, their equilibrium conditions, quality, spatial and temporal variations in their quality and quantity are also discussed in detail. This edition is done with a clear and simple style with main emphasis on present problems from developing world environments highlighting the relevant data with examples representing current status of various water resources. All these features make this book indispensable to the researchers and managers of water resources in most part of the world.
1. Geophysical Investigation in the Different Litho Units of Gadilam River Basin, Tamil Nadu, India
2. Delineation and Correlation of Fresh and Salt Water Interface of Shallow Coastal Pheratic Aquifer by Surface and Subsurface Geoelectrical Investigations
3. Hydrogeological Studies of Coastal Zone from Triplicane to Tiruvanmiur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4. Hydraulic Continuity between Groundwater Sources in the Malabar Region of Kerala— Evidence from Stable Isotopes and Ion Chemistry
5. Fracture Detection in Hard Rock Terrains of Villupuram District Using Apparent Resistivity Data—Case Studies
6. Identification of Groundwater Flow Direction Using Tritium Analysis of Lower Gundar Basin, Southern Tamil Nadu, India
7. Groundwater Quality Profiling by Borehole Geophysics — Case Studies in Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu
8. A Study on Trace Metal Pollution in the Gadilam River Basin, Tamil Nadu, India
9. Groundwater Quality Assessment of Andimadam Block, Perambalur District, Tamil Nadu
10. Physico-Chemical Analysis of Groundwater Around Sathya Dye Industry, Tiruppur
11. Hydrochemical Assessment of Groundwater in Thirumanimuttar Sub basin – Implication of Water Quality Degradation by Anthropogenic Activities
12. Hydro Geochemical Study of Groundwater for Rural Development—A Case Study from Ponnaramapatty Area of Valapadi Block, Salem District, Tamil Nadu
13. Current Status of Nitrate Ion Contamination in Sopore Town, Kashmir
14. Hydrogeochemical Studies in and Around Kalpakkam Kanchipuram District Tamil Nadu
15. Physical and Chemical Analysis of Drinking Water Samples in Nagamalai Pudukkottai, Madurai
16. Defluoridation of Groundwater by Aquatic Macrophyte Hydrilla Verticillata
17. Speciation Analysis of Trace Elements in Water by Atomic Absorption Spectrometry
18. Procurement of Pentachlorophenol Degrading Bacteria from Tannery Effluent for their Waste Water Treatment
19. Variable Characteristics of Rainwater Status in the Union Territory of Puduchery–A Focus on Puduchery and Karaial Regions
20. Hydrochemistry and Environmental Status of Pazhayar River, Kanyakumari District, Southern Tamil Nadu
21. Groundwater Quality Assessment of Kammapuram Block, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu
22. Hydrogeochemical Study of Groundwater in Gummudipoondi Taluk, Thiruvalluvar District, Tamil Nadu
23. Trend Analysis of Groundwater Levels in Stressed Aquifers of Tiruvannamalai District, Tamil Nadu
• It is a compilation of 23 multi-disciplinary papers dealing with different aspects of water resources including geophysical technique applications, hydrogeochemical interpretations, isotopic signature, speciation of trace elements, etc.
• Provides a detailed analysis on various case studies taken from different parts if India.
• Every paper has an abstract, introduction, methodology, conclusions and references.