"This is a comprehensive textbook, covering all the important topics under indeterminate structures. This book departs from the conventional practice of giving all theories in one place followed by a plethora of solved problems, and instead presents each theory followed by solved problems pertaining to that theory. This helps the students to understand each theory and its applications in a better manner. Wherever a problem can be solved by several methods, it has been solved by different alternative methods to highlight the salient features of each of the methods used.
• Entire subject is divided into chapters, sections and subsections.
• Each topic is described in reasonable detail, and no aspect is bypassed.
• Every theory is followed by solved illustrative problems.
• Each concept is illustrated with illustrations known as free body diagrams.
• Each chapter of this book ends with a section termed as ""High Alert"" which is a summary of the chapter.
• There are a variety of problems for practice at the end of every chapter.
With its coverage and approach, the book will be immensely useful to the students and faculties of civil engineering. The detailed derivations and descriptions of underlying concepts make life of a teacher easy. Technical contents of the book are also useful for students of Architecture."