Over the last few decades, immunology has seen unprecedented growth in terms of discovery and inventions. The book, ‘Textbook of Immunology’ is an attempt to introduce undergraduate students of Zoology, Life Sciences, Microbiology, Biosciences, Medicine and Veterinary Sciences to basic immunology and also to apprise them with the latest developments in the field. An attempt has been made to give complete coverage to all the key topics in immunology without excessive detail or abstract theoretical discussions. The aim of the book is to make the study of immunology accessible yet interesting for the learners.
1. Overview of Immune System
2. Innate and Adaptive Immunity
5. Major Histocompatibility Complex
7. Complement System
9. Immune Dysfunction
• Each chapter comes with a list of references and web links to encourage students to enhance their knowledge.
• The book includes chapter-summaries, an extensive glossary, quizzes/questions, and a list of relevant abbreviations at the end of each chapter.
• Boxes with topics of special interest are also included in each chapter.